Product Highlight - Zavicefta
Active ingredient: Ceftazidime (as pentahydrate) equivalent to 2 g and Avibactam (as sodium salt) equivalent to 0.5 g.
Indications: ZAVICEFTATM is indicated in adults for the treatment of the following infections
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infection (cIAI)
- Complicated Urinary Tract Infection, including Pyelonephritis (cUTI)
- Hospital-acquired Pneumonia (HAP), including ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP)
- Infections due to aerobic Gram-negative organisms in patients with limited treatment options
- Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents. For treatment of cIAI use in combination with metronidazole.
Dosage & Administration: The recommended dosage of ZAVICEFTATM is 1 vial where each vial contains 2 g ceftazidime and 0.5 g avibactam administered by intravenous (IV) infusion in a volume of 100 mL at a constant rate over 120 minutes in patients aged 18 years or older. Treatment is repeated every 8 hours.