Product Highlight - Fluarix Tetra
Fluarex Tetra - Inactivated quadrivalent influenza vaccine (split virion) vaccine (inj) 0.5 mL - GlaxoSmithKline
Flu vaccines help protect millions, but do you know there is a coverage gap?1
Choose Fluarix Tetra for your patients
- The gap in B strain coverage from TIVs* can leave your patients unprotected.2,3,4,5
- QIVs* can help to close the B strain coverage gap6,7
- Fluarix Tetra is a QIV* which is generally well tolerated, is easy to administer, helps to increase protection against influenza B over TIVs*, closes the coverage gap to protect your patients and has robust data in high risk patients group6,8
*TIV: Trivalent Influenza Vaccine,QIV: Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine
1. United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/quadrivalent.htm. Accessed on:3March 2017
2. Ambrose CS, Levin MJ. The rationale for quadrivalent infuenza vaccines Hum Vaccin Immunother 2012;8: 81-88
3. Jumat MR, et al. Genetic characterisation of in_uenza B viruses detected in Singapore, 2004 to 2009 BMC Res Notes 2014;7: 863
4. Belshe RB. The need for quadrivalent vaccine against seasonal influenza Vaccine 2010;28: D45–D53 5. Reed C, et al. Public health impact of including two lineages of influenza B in a quadrivalent seasonal influenza vaccine Vaccine 2012;30: 1993-1998
6. GSK. Fluarix Tetra Quadrivalent influenza vaccine (split virion, inactivated). (2017).
7. Domachowske JB, Pankow-Culot H, Bautista M et al. A randomized trial of candidate inactivated quadrivalent influenza vaccine versus trivalent influenza vaccines in children aged 3–17 years. J Infect Dis. 2013; 207: 1878–1887.
8. Kieninger D, Sheldon E, Lin W, et al. Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of an inactivated quadrivalent influenza vaccine candidate versus inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine: a phase III, randomized trial in adults aged 18 years. BMC Infectious Diseases 2013; 13:343.
Further information is available in section 12b, New in This Issue and mims.com.
Full prescribing information is available upon request.