Product Highlight - MEROMAX IV
17 Dec 2020
- Meropenem (Meromax IV) remains the most reliable option against multi-drug resistant gram negative pathogens:
- ESBL E. coli and Klebsiella pneumonia 95% and 89% susceptible to meropenem1.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa 86% susceptibility rate1.
- Meropenem (Meromax IV) associated with higher survival rate among patients with severe infections due to MDR gram negatives:
- Lower mortality rate in patients with severe pneumonia, UTI, intra-abdominal
- infections and sepsis vs. comparator agents2.
- Superior efficacy against ESBL Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteremia3.
- Combination of carbapenem and colistin is associated with higher survival against KPC-Klebsiella pneumoniae vs. colistin alone4.
1. 2017 DOH Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Program.
2. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2017;64(7):972–80.
3. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2017;64(7):972–80.
4. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 24 (2018) 133e144.