Product Highlight - Calubia
01 Sep 2020
A Call to Take Action
- Treatment of advanced prostate cancer (in combination with an LHRH analogue therapy or surgical castration)1
- Treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer at high risk for disease progression (as adjuvant to radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy)1
- Affordable price at (Php 4,670.40/box)
- Better tolerability profile2
- Lower incidence of treatment withdrawal2
- Superior agent compared to flutamide and nilutamide in combined androgen blockade3,4
1) Full product information of Calubia.
2) Schellhammer PF, Sharifi R, Block NL et al. Clinical benefits of bicalutamide compared with flutamide in combined androgen blockade for patients with advanced prostate carcinoma: final results of a multicentre, double-blind, randomized trial. British Journal of Urology 1997; 80:278.
3) Klotz L, Schellhammer P.CAB: the case of bicalutamide. Clin Prostate Cancer 2005; 3: 215-219.
4) Akaza H, Hinotsu S, Usami M, Arai Y, Kanetake H, Naito S et al. Study Group for the CAB Therapy of Prostate Cancer. CAB with bicalutamide for advanced prostate cancer: long-term follow-up of a phase 3, double-blind, randomized study for survival. Cancer 2009; 115: 3437-3445.