New Product Highlight - Flutiform
• flutiform® combines the ICS and LABA that doctors prefer:1,2
- Well-tolerated and potent anti-inflammatory effects of fluticasone1-5
- Fast onset and sustained bronchodilatory action of formoterol1-5
• flutiform® delivers a consistently high fine particle fraction across flow rates.6
1. Price D, Bousquet J. Real-world perceptions of inhaled corticosteroid/long-acting β2-agonist combinations in the treatment of asthma. Resp Med 2012; 106 (S1): S4-S8.
2. Thomas M, Haughney J, Price D. Physicians’ attitudes towards combination therapy with inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting β2-agonist: an observational study in UK specialist care. Prag Obs Res 2011; 2: 25-31.
3. Flutiform® Approved Prescribing Information/Data Sheet.
4. Bodzenta-Lukaszyk A et al. Fluticasone/formoterol combination therapy is as effective as fluticasone/salmeterol in the treatmentof asthma, but has a more rapid onset of action: an open-label, randomized study. BMC Pulm Med 2011; 11: 28-37.
5. Aalbers R et al. Onset ofbronchodilation with fluticasone/formoterol combination versus fluticasone/salmeterol in an open-label, randomized study. Adv Ther 2012; 29 (11):958-969.
6. Johal B, Howald M, Fischer M, Marshall J. Comparison of the fine particle fraction of fluticasone propionate/formoterol fumarate combination with other combination products. Poster presented at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) 22nd Annual Congress, 1–5 September 2012, Vienna,Austria.
Further information available in Section 3b, New in This Issue and mims.com.