Product Highlight - Crestor
- The usual dose range applies in patients with mild to moderate renal impairment.
- For patients with severe renal impairment not on haemodialysis, dosing of Crestor should be started at 5 mg once daily and not exceed 10 mg.
- Among moderate CKD patients, rosuvastatin was associated with a 45% reduction in first cardiovascular events (myocardial infarction, stroke, hospital stay for unstable angina, arterial revascularisation, or confirmed cardiovascular death.
1. Crestor Malaysia Package Insert, 2019
2. Ridker PM, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010:55(12):1266-1273