The FIRST and ONLY non-steroidal mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist (MRA) approved to treat CKD in T2D
- Blocks MR overactivation, which contributes to inflammation and fibrosis
- Proven to delay CKD progression and reduce the risk of CV events 4
- Manageable impact on serum potassium 1,4
- Included in 2022 ADA and KDIGO Guidelines with level A evidence 2,5
ADA=American Diabetes Association; CKD=chronic kidney disease; CV=cardiovascular; KDIGO=Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes; MRA=mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist; MR=mineralocorticoid receptor; T2D=type 2 diabetes
*As of 9 Jan 2023
1. Kerendia 10 / 20 mg film-coated tablets Hong Kong prescribing information (July 2022).
2. Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) Diabetes Work Group. Kidney Int. 2022;102(5S):S1–S127.
3. Drug Office, Available at: https://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/drug/productDetail/en/pharmaceutical_trade/140639. Accessed 9 Jan 2023
4. Bakris GL, et al. N Engl J Med. 2020;383(23):2219-2229.
5. American Diabetes Association Professional Practice Committee. Diabetes Care. 2022;45 (Supplement_1):S175–S184.