COVID-19: You can help the fight
Dear Malaysian healthcare professionals,
The Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) and the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Center (CPRC) are calling for volunteer healthcare professionals from all sectors to help fill gaps in health services, as many existing MOH staff are being diverted to tackle the COVID-19 crisis on many fronts.
Volunteers are still greatly needed in two main areas:
1) Carrying out health/fever screenings in public health facilities (Fasiliti Kesihatan Awam) such as public health clinics (Klinik Kesihatan), district health offices (Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah), maternal health clinics (Klinik Kesihatan Ibu Dan Anak), etc.
2) Carrying out duties at public hospitals involving the management of:
a. Non-COVID-19 patients in wards, and medical, orthopaedic, surgical and other departments.
b. COVID-19 patients, for specialists/experienced officers, depending on the needs of the moment.
As of 1 April 2020, the MOH reported that a total of 2,359 individuals have stepped forward from different healthcare professions to add their expertise to the national fight against COVID-19.
These include specialists, medical officers, nurses, assistant officers, laboratory technologists, radiologists, pharmacists, counsellors, physiotherapists, and psychologists.
For those of you who are both willing and able to contribute, you can apply through the following channels:
· For assisting in public health facilities:
BORANG ANGGOTA SUKARELAWAN PASUKAN BANTUAN KESIHATAN BAGI MENANGANI COVID-19 (Google Drive registration form): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnO5pPnHNCFlQ9QnaNk224JI0nZBcvNh4wKasLFpxfbAsMKQ/viewform
· For assisting in MOH hospitals:
BORANG PETUGAS KESIHATAN DAN PERUBATAN BUKAN ANGGOTA KKM BAGI MENANGANI WABAK COVID-19 (Google Drive registration form): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTmWCBfjKeKK8pLHU26HAsZPn3pIbs8LzXESb9Jx7gKyxJLg/viewform
You can also email email@example.com or call (03) 8881 0300 to directly submit your application and for further enquiries.
Terms and conditions for applicants:
1) Must obtain permission from head of department/employer (if applicable);
2) Must be registered with a professional regulatory body for their field of practice (as relevant);
3) Must be healthy in body and have no uncontrolled health conditions;
4) Must be willing to serve in location(s) that are in need;
5) Must NOT have a history of visiting countries/locations with COVID-19 outbreaks OR of close contact with a positive case of COVID-19 in the 14 days before going on duty.
You can read more about the MOH’s appeal at:
· MOH Facebook announcement (29 March 2020): https://www.facebook.com/kementeriankesihatanmalaysia/posts/10156877787226237
· MOH Facebook update (2 April 2020): https://www.facebook.com/kementeriankesihatanmalaysia/posts/10156892217786237