• Seroprevalence of CMV in Malaysia is shown to be 92%.1 Any level of CMV viremia is associated with increased risk of mortality in the first year post-HSCT, when patients were not receiving preemptive therapy.2
• Prevymis demonstrated superior efficacy vs placebo in CMV prophylaxis at week 24 post-transplant3
• Prevymis demonstrated lower all-cause mortality vs placebo post-transplant3
• Similar time to engraftment were seen between Prevymis and placebo groups. Prevymis demonstrated safety profile for CMV prophylaxis3
• Prevymis can be initiated as early as day 0 post allogeneic HSCT3
Abbreviations: CMV (Cytomegalovirus), HSCT (haematopoietic stem cell transplantation)
1. Jamal R, Fadzillah G, Zulkifli SZ, Yasmin M. Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HCMV and HIV in multiply transfused thalassemia patients: results from a thalassemia day care center in Malaysia. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1998; 29: 792-94.
2. Green ML, Leisenring W, Xie H, et al. Cytomegalovirus viral load and mortality after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the era of pre-emptive therapy: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Haematol. 2016;3:e119-e127.
3. Marty FM, Ljungman P, Chemaly RF, et al. Letermovir prophylaxis for cytomegalovirus in hematopoietic cell transplantation. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(25):2433-2444.
Product Highlight - PREVYMIS
16 Jun 2021