13 ways to fight COVID-19
COVID-19 is a novel disease, with no existing immunity. The virus can be transmitted from person to person, quickly and exponentially. Here’s what we can do to slow down the spread, if not contain the outbreak.
1. Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
2. Practice social distancing as a prophylactic move. Best practice requires two arms’ length or approximately two metres between you and others.
3. Cough into sleeves, not to the person next to you.
4. Avoid hugs and kisses. Also kiss goodbye to handshakes.
5. Cancel non-essential travels. You may get stuck abroad if you don’t.
6. Stop going to the movies. Catch your favourite films online instead.
7. Cancel non-essential family events.
8. Ride trains and buses during off-peak hours. Your decision will ultimately affect the trajectory of the outbreak.
9. Order food and groceries online to minimize contact with others.
10. Stay home and don’t accept visitors.
11. Opt for teleconferencing instead of face-to-face meetings.
12. Consult your doctor if you’re unwell.
13. If returning from overseas, consider self-quarantine. Self-isolate if you have symptoms: sore throat, fatigue, chills, stuffy nose, poor appetite, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, and cough.