Smoking Cessation References
- Aveyard P, West R. Managing smoking cessation. BMJ. 2007 Jul;335(7609):37-41. PMID: 17615224
- Bader P, McDonald P, Selby P. An algorithm for tailoring pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation: results from a Delphi panel of international experts. Tob Control. 2009 Feb;18(1):34-42. doi: 10.1136/tc.2008.025635. PMID: 18845621
- Lingford-Hughes AR, Welch S, Peters, et al. BAP updated guidelines: evidence-based guidelines for the pharmacological management of substance abuse, harmful use, addiction and comorbidity: recommendations from BAP. J Psychopharmacol. 2012 Jul 23 May 2012;26(7):899-952. doi: 10.1177/0269881112444324. Accessed 23 May 2012. PMID: 22628390
- Bartra A. Treatment of tobacco dependence. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2011 Aug;108(33):555-564. doi: 10.3238/arztebl.2011.0555. PMID: 21912578
- Ministry of Health Singapore. Clinical practice guideline: smoking cessation. MOH (Singapore). http://www.moh.gov.sg/. Apr 2002.
- National Cancer Institute. Cigarette smoking: health risks and how to quit. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/. Feb 2013. Accessed 03 Mar 2013.
- European Network for Smoking and Tobacco Prevention (ENSP). European smoking cessation guidelines: the authoritative guide to a comprehensive understanding of the implications and implementation of treatments and strategies to treat tobacco dependence. 1st ed. ENSP. http://www.toraks.org.tr/. Oct 2012. Accessed 03 Mar 2013.
- Disease Control Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia. Clinical practice guidelines: treatment of tobacco smoking and dependence. http://www.moh.gov.my/. 2003
- Serlin DC, Clay MA, Van Harrison R, Thomas LA, for the Tobacco Treatment Guideline Team. Guidelines for clinical care: tobacco treatment. University of Michigan. http://www.med.umich.edu/. Mar 2012. Accessed 03 Mar 2013.
- Ministry of Health New Zealand. New Zealand Smoking Cessation Guidelines. Ministry of Health New Zealand. http://www.health.govt.nz/. Aug 2007.
- Medscape Drug Info with First Data Bank and ASHP. Nicotine gum buccal pharmacology & chemistry. http://www.medscape.com/druginfo. 2002.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. NICE technology appraisal guidance 123. Varenicline for smoking cessation. NICE. http://www.nice.org.uk/. Jul 2007. Accessed 28 Aug 2007.
- Zwar N, Richmond R, Borland R, et al. Smoking cessation: a guide for health professionals. The Royal Australian College of General Practicioners. http://www.racgp.org.au/. 2011
- Fiore MC, Jaén CR, Baker TB, et al. Treating tobacco use and dependence: 2008 update. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.ahrq.gov/. May 2008.
- World Health organization. Policy recommendations for smoking cessation and treatment of tobacco dependence. WHO. http://www.who.int/. 2003.
- Bullen C, Howe C, Laugesen M, et al. Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2013 Nov;382(9905):1629-1637. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61842-5. Accessed 12 Aug 2014. PMID: 24029165
- Heatherton TF, Kozlowski LT, Frecker RC, Fagerström KO. The Fagerström Test for Nicotine Dependence: a revision of the Fagerström Tolerance Questionnaire. Br J Addict. 1991 Sep;86(9):1119-1127. http://www.aafp.org/. PMID: 1932883
- Larzelere MM, Williams DE. Promoting smoking cessation. Am Fam Physician. 2012 Mar;85(6):591-598. http://www.aafp.org/. PMID: 22534270
- Rustin TA. Assessing nicotine dependence. Am Fam Physician. 2000 Aug;62(3):579-584. http://www.aafp.org/. PMID: 10950214
- McDonough M. Update on medicines for smoking cessation. Australian Prescriber. 2015 Aug;38(4):106-111. http://www.australianprescriber.com/. Accessed 21 Jan 2016
- Ministry of Health Singapore. HPB-MOH clinical practice guidelines 1/2013. Treating tobacco use and dependence. Ministry of Health Singapore. http://www.hpb.gov.sg/. May 2013. Accessed 21 Jan 2016.
- Rigotti NA. Pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation in adults. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com/. 12 Jan 2016. Accessed 21 Jan 2016.
- European Network for Smoking and Tobacco Prevention. ENSP guidelines for treating tobacco dependence: the comprehensive guide to the implementation of treatments and strategies to treat tobacco dependence. ENSP. http://ensp.org/. Mar 2016.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: smoking cessation. Version 1.2017. NCCN. https://www.nccn.org/. Mar 2017. Accessed 01 Aug 2017.
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). Supporting smoking cessation: a guide for health professionals. RACGP. http://www.racgp.org.au/. Jul 2014.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Networ. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: smoking cessation version 2.2017. NCCN. https://www.nccn.org. 21 Aug 2017.