- Airaksinen O, Hildebrandt J, Mannion AF, et al. Chapter 4. European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspecific low back pain. Eur Spine J. 2006 Mar(15)(Suppl 2):S192-S300. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3454542/pdf/586_2006_Article_1072.pdf. PMID: 16550448
- Chou R, Huffman LH. Evaluation and management of low back pain: evidence review. American Pain Society website. http://americanpainsociety.org/uploads/education/guidelines/evaluation-management-lowback-pain.pdf. 2007.
- Chou R, Huffman LH; American Pain Society; American College of Physicians. Medications for acute and chronic low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society/American College of Physicians clinical practice guideline. Ann Intern Med. 2007 Oct;147(7):505-514. http://annals.org/data/Journals/AIM/20145/0000605-200710020-00008.pdf. PMID: 17909211
- Chou R, Huffman LH; American Pain Society; American College of Physicians. Nonpharmacologic therapies for acute and chronic low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society/American College of Physicians clinical practice guideline. Ann Intern Med. 2007 Oct;147(7):492-504. http://annals.org/data/Journals/AIM/20145/0000605-200710020-00007.pdf. PMID: 17909210
- Chou R, Qaseem A, Snow V, et al; Clinical Efficacy Assessment Subcommittee of the American College of Physicians; American College of Physicians; American Pain Society Low Back Pain Guidelines Panel. Diagnosis and treatment of low back pain: a joint clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society. Ann Intern Med. 2007 Oct;147(7):478-491. http://annals.org/data/Journals/AIM/20145/0000605-200710020-00006.pdf. PMID: 17909209
- Delitto A, George SZ, Van Dillen LR, et al; Orthopaedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. Low back pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2012 Apr;42(4):A1-A57. doi: 10.2519/jospt.2012.0301. PMID: 22466247
- Fairbank JC, Pynsent PB. The Oswestry Disability Index. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000 Nov;25(22):2940-2952; discussion 2952. http://www.womenshealthapta.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Oswestry-Fairbanks.pdf. PMID: 11074683
- Goertz M, Thorson D, Bonsell J, et al. Adult acute and subacute low back pain. Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) website. https://www.icsi.org/_asset/bjvqrj/LBP.pdf. Nov 2012.
- Hooten WM, Timming R, Belgrade M, et al. Assessment and management of chronic pain. Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) website. https://www.icsi.org/_asset/bw798b/ChronicPain.pdf. Nov 2013.
- Kuijer PP, Verbeek JH, Visser B, et al. An evidence-based multidisciplinary practice guideline to reduce the workload due to lifting for preventing work-related low back pain. Ann Occup Environ Med. 2014 Jun;26:16. doi: 10.1186/2052-4374-26-16. Accessed 18 Apr 2015. PMID: 24999432
- Manchikanti L, Abdi S, Atluri S, et al. An update of comprehensive evidence-based guidelines for interventional techniques in chronic spinal pain. Part II: guidance and recommendations. Pain Physician. 2013 Apr;16(Suppl 2):S49-S83. http://www.painphysicianjournal.com/2013/april/2013;16;S49-S283-final.pdf. PMID: 23615883
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Low back pain: early management of persistent non-specific low back pain. NICE clinical guideline 88. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg88/resources/guidance-low-back-pain-pdf. May 2009.
- Pillastrini P, Gardenghi I, Bonetti F, et al. An updated overview of clinical guidelines for chronic low back pain management in primary care. Joint Bone Spine. 2012 Mar;79(2):176-185. doi: 10.1016/j.jbspin.2011.03.019. PMID: 21565540
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). Management of chronic pain. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) website. http://www.sign.ac.uk/pdf/SIGN136.pdf. Dec 2013.
- Singh D, Mansor M, Vijayan R, et al. The Malaysian low back pain management guidelines. 1st ed. Malaysian Association of the Study of Pain website. http://www.masp.org.my/index.cfm?menuid=23. 2009.
- Talmage JB, Belcourt R, Galper J, et al. Low back disorders. In: Hegmann KT. Occupational medicine practice guidelines. Evaluation and management of common health problems and functional recovery in workers. 3rd ed. Elk Grove Village (IL): American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM); 2011. http://www.guideline.gov/content.aspx?id=38438. Accessed 18 Apr 2015:333-796.
- Chou R.. Subacute and chronic low back pain: nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatment. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. 29 Aug 2018.
- Chou R, Deyo R, Friedly J, et al. Noninvasive treatments for low back pain. Comparative effectiveness review no. 169. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov. Feb 2016.
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI). Health care guideline: adult acute and subacute low back pain. ICSI. http://www.icsi.org. Mar 2018.
- Institute of Health Economics Alberta Canada. Evidenced-informed primary care management of low back pain. Clinical practice guideline. Toward Optimized Practice website. http://www.topalbertadoctors.org. Dec 2015.
- Knight CL, Deyo RA, Staiger TO, et al. Treatment of acute low back pain. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. 06 Dec 2017.
- Oliveira CB, Maher CG, Pinto RZ, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of non-specific low back pain in primary care: an update overview. Jul 03, 2018. Eur Spine J. doi: 10.1007/s00586-018-5673-2. PMID: 29971708
- Philippine Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine (PARM). Clinical practice guideline on the diagnosis and management of low back pain. PARM website. http://www.parm.com.ph. 2011.
- Wheeler SG, Wipf JE, Staiger TO, et al. Evaluation of low back pain in adults. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. 12 Jul 2018.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Low back pain and sciatica in over 16s: assessment and management. NICE. https://www.nice.org.uk. Nov 2016.
- Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, McLean RM, et al; Clinical Guidelines Committee of the American College of Physicians. Noninvasive treatments for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. 2017 Apr;166(7 ):514-530. doi: 10.7326/M16-2367. Accessed 20 Jul 2017. PMID: 28192789