- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American College of Endocrinology. Medical guidelines for clinical practice for the evaluation and treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Endocr Pract. 2002 Nov;8(6):457-469. https://www.aace.com/files/hypo_hyper.pdf. PMID: 15260011
- Kwon KT, Tsai VW. Metabolic emergencies. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2007 Nov;25(4):1041-1060. PMID: 17950135
- Cooper DS. Antithyroid drugs. N Engl J Med. 2005 Mar;352(9):905-917. PMID: 15745981
- Cheetham TD, Hughes IA, Barnes ND, et al. Treatment of hyperthyroidism in young people. Arch Dis Childhood. 1998 Mar;78(3):207-279. PMID: 9613348
- Rivkees SA, Sklar C, Freemark M. Clinical review 99. The management of Graves’ disease in children, with special emphasis on radioiodine treatment. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Nov;83(11):3767-3776. PMID: 9814445
- Lee JA, Grumbach MM, Clark OH. Controversy in clinical endocrinology. The optimal treatment for pediatric Graves’ disease is surgery. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Mar;92(3):801-803. PMID: 17341575
- Weetman AP. Graves' disease. N Engl J Med. 2000 Oct;343(17):1236-1248. PMID: 11071676
- Rivkees SA, Dinauer C. Controversy in clinical endocrinology. An optimal treatment for pediatric Graves’ disease is radioiodine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Mar;92(3):797-800. PMID: 17341574
- Behrman RE, Kliegman RM, Jenson HB, eds. Nelson textbook of Pediatrics. 18th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, Elsevier; 2007
- Salikof D. Endocrinology. In: Robertson J, Shilkofski N, eds. The Harriet Lane handbook: a manual for pediatric house officers. 17th ed. Philadelphia: Mosby, Elsevier; 2005
- Association for Clinical Biochemistry, the British Thyroid Association and the British Thyroid Foundation. UK guidelines for the use of thyroid function tests. British Thyroid Association Web Site. http://www.british-thyroid-association.org/info-for-patients/Docs/TFT_guideline_final_version_July_2006.pdf. July 2006. Accessed 01 Jul 2006.
- Ferry RJ. Graves disease. eMedicine. http://www.emedicine.com/PED/topic899. htm. Accessed 01 Jul 2006
- Fenton CL. Hyperthyroidism. eMedicine. http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1099. htm. Accessed 01 Jul 2006
- Bahn Chair RS, Burch HB, Cooper DS, et al, American Thyroid Association, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. Hyperthyroidism and other causes of thyrotoxicosis: management guidelines of the American Thyroid Association and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. Thyroid. 2011 Jun;21(6):593-646. https://www.aace.com/files/hyper-guidelines-2011.pdf. PMID: 21510801
- Kliegman RM, Behrman RE, Jenson HB, et al, eds. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 18th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2007.
- LaFranchi S. Treatment and prognosis of Graves’ disease in children and adolescents. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/treatment-and-prognosis-ofgraves-disease-in-children-and-adolescents? source= search_result&search=treatment+of+hyperthyroidism+in+children+and+adolescents&selectedTitle=1~150. Jan 2014. Accessed 30 Jan 2014.
- American Thyroid Association. Hyperthyroidism in children and adolescents. American Thyroid Association. https://www.thyroid.org/. 2018.
- Committee on Pharmaceutical Affairs, Japanese Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, and the Pediatric Thyroid Disease Committee, Japan Thyroid Association (Taskforce for the Revision of the Guidelines for the Treatment of Childhood-Onset Graves’ Disease), Minamitani K, Sato H, Ohye H, Harada S, Arisaka O. Guidelines for the treatment of childhood-onset Graves’ disease in Japan, 2016. Clin Pediatr Endocrinol. 2017;26(2):29-62. doi: 10.1297/cpe.26.29. PMID: 28458457
- LaFranchi S. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Graves disease in children and adolescents. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com/. May 2018.
- LaFranchi S. Evaluation and management of neonatal Graves’ disease. UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com/. Apr 2018.
- Ross DS, Burch HB, Cooper DS, et al. 2016 American Thyroid Association guidelines for diagnosis and management of hyperthyroidism and other causes of thyrotoxicosis. Thyroid. 2016 Oct;26(10):1343-1421. doi: 10.1089/thy.2016.0229. Accessed 22 Jun 2018. PMID: 27521067