- Change LY, King CC, Hsu KH, et al. Risk factors of enterovirus 71 infection and associated hand, foot, and mouth disease/herpangina in children during an epidemic in Taiwan. Pediatrics. 2002 Jun;109(6):e88. http://www.pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/109/6/e88. PMID: 12042582
- Lin TY, Twu SJ, Ho MS, et al. Enterovirus 71 outbreaks, Taiwan: occurrence and recognition. Emerging Infect Dis. 2003 Mar;9(3):291-293. PMID: 12643822
- Wang SM, Lei HY, Huang MC, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of milrinone in the management of enterovirus 71-induced pulmonary edema. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005 Mar;39(3):219-223. PMID: 15635619
- Wang SM, Lei HY, Huang MC, et al. Modulation of cytokine production by intravenous immunoglobulin in patients with enterovirus 71-associated brainstem encephalitis. J Clin Virol. 2006 Sep;37(1):47-52. PMID: 16861032
- Gershon AA, Hotez PJ, Katz SL. Coxsackie A virus, coxsackie B virus, echovirus, and enterovirus 68-71 infections. Gershon: Krugman’s infectious diseases of children. 11th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Inc; 2004.
- Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin R. Infections caused by the newer enteroviruses. In: Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett. Principles and Practices of Infectious Diseases. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2005
- Ministry of Health Malaysia. Hand foot and mouth disease (HFMD) guidelines. MOH (Malaysia) website. http://www.moh.gov.my/. 2007.
- National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Hand, foot & mouth disease (HFMD). Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm
- Crawford NW, Graham SM. EV71 vaccine: protection from a previously neglected disease. Lancet. 2013 Jun;381(9882):1968-1970. doi: 10.1016/S0140- 6736(13)61124-1. PMID: 23726163
- World Health Organization. A guide to clinical management and public health response for hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). World Health Organization. http://www.wpro.who.int/publications/docs/ GuidancefortheclinicalmanagementofHFMD.pdf. 2011. Accessed 14 Jan 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD): prevention & treatment. CDC website. http://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/about/prevention-treatment.html. Aug 2015.