New Product Highlight - Nicorette
• Week 1 abstinence is an important predictor of long-term success1,3
• Significantly more smokers were abstinent during week 1 with Nicorette patch 25 mg/16 hr compared to our previous patch programme (p<0.01)2
• 94% more effective than placebo at helping smokers to quit at 12 weeks (p<0.001)1,5
• 44% more effective at helping smokers quit compared with our previous patch programme at 12 weeks (p<0.005)1,4
• 16-hr patch is well tolerated with a good safety profile6
1. Tønnesen P et al. Higher dosage nicotine patches increase one-year smoking cessation rates: results from the European CEASE trial. Eur Resp J 1999;13:238-246
2. Data on file – CEASE 2.
3. Stapleton JA et al. Dose effects and predictors of outcome in a randomized trial of transdermal nicotine patches in general practice. Addiction 1995;90:31–42.
4. Data on file – CEASE 3.
5. Data on file - CEASE 4.
6. Nicorette Invisi Transdermal Patch Package Insert 2014
Further information available in Section 18b, New in This Issue and mims.com. Full prescribing information is available upon request.